> New to the library?
> Frequently asked questions
> Library Website and SWIMS Library Catalogue
Library Website and SWIMS Library Catalogue
What is available at the Library Website?
There are links where you can:
- link to the SWIMS Library catalogue for books held by NHS Libraries
- search library resources and obtain/read the full text of some journal articles (requires NHS OpenAthens registration here)
- request books and journal articles to be sent to you (complete a form)
- read help sheets and print them
- sign up to alerting services for current evidence
- find out about library skills training, and undertake some online modules
- talk to the library staff in real time via our chat service (click on the speech bubble, bottom right on our main page)
What is the SWIMS Library Catalogue?
'SWIMS' is a database of library resources (e.g. book and journal titles) shared by all NHS libraries across the South and West of England. It is available over the internet from anywhere! Go to: www.swims.nhs.uk
How can the SWIMS Library Catalogue help me?
- search for books and journals held at HHLS and other NHS libraries
- view a list of books borrowed*
- extend the loan length of your books*
- create reading lists*
- share records with colleagues
*Requires a SWIMS Library Account
How do I create an account for the SWIMS Library Catalogue?
- First, you must be a library member before you can create an account (for membership eligibility, see Joining the Library)
- Go to the SWIMS library catalogue: www.swims.nhs.uk
- At the blue menu bar, click 'Login' (a pop-up box appears)
- Follow the on-screen instructions and remember to check your email for an activation message. This contains a link to set a PIN for your library account.
How do I search the SWIMS Library Catalogue?
For guidance, visit our page on the catalogue here or contact us.